keskiviikko 22. joulukuuta 2021

De Springplank

 

De springplank

 

A tale of body modification by strzeka

 

De Springplank (DSP) was a Dutch quarterly magazine published between spring 1997 and autumn 2017. Its central theme was body modification – tattoos, piercing and later included both minor and major amputations and prosthetics. After a successful launch in the Netherlands, international versions were founded. These were known as Das Sprungbrett in Germany and The Springboard in the UK. The magazine was trilingual, only the covers differed.

 

Of all the personalities featured, one young Englishman from Birmingham made a record twelve appearances and achieved international notoriety for his increasingly extreme body modifications. Strzeka Publishing International is pleased to offer for the first time the entire collection of his interviews and articles.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP III/1999 (Interview 1)

 

DSP    Introduce yourself, please.

TD       My name is Terry Davis. I am 21 years old. I live in Birmingham, England and I am a tattooist.

DSP    How did you become interested in tattooing?

TD       I have always been fascinated by body modification, especially tattoos. I have been tattooing since I was seventeen and now I work in Buckles Tattoos in Birmingham.

DSP    What sort of work do you prefer?

TD       I like tribal and geometric work best. I prefer abstract designs to illustrations because you can make the designs conform to the individual customer, which is more difficult with a picture.

DSP    Have you had work done?

TD       Yes. I have blackwork on both arms. My arms are completely black from shoulder to wrist. And I have a labret which I want to stretch. And I have pierced ears and a septum piercing.

DSP    A piercing under your lower lip and between your nostrils. Do you intend to have more done?

TD       Yes, of course. I want stretched earlobes and I am looking at traditional designs from New Zealand and Amazonia for a possible face tattoo. The next piercing will be a medusa in the middle of my upper lip.

DSP    Thank you for talking to us.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP II/2000 (Interview 2)

 

DSP    Welcome back, Terry. You found a suitable design for a face tattoo.

TD       I did. This is based on a Maori design. I redrew the lines to make them thicker and more modern and then added some extra details to fill in the gaps. So the design radiates out from my cheeks to meet on my chin and forehead.

DSP    It looks very impressive. Are you going to extend the design?

TD       Yes, I think so. I want my scalp covered with a similar design but I haven’t got round to drawing it yet.

DSP    You’ve also had your eyeballs tattooed. Can you tell us about that?

TD       My eyes are now completely black. It sounds terrible, having your eyeballs tattooed but it’s quite painless. The eye is numbed first and then ink is injected with a very fine needle. It spreads out inside the eye quite naturally and results in what you see. Black eyeballs.

DSP    Do you think that will be a popular mod?

TD       I don’t see why not. It doesn’t affect your vision and it looks stunning.

DSP    What other changes have there been since we spoke last?

TD       I’ve been stretching the labret and medusa, also my earlobes. It’s a slow process at first though so you can’t really see much difference.

DSP    Thanks for talking to us to keep us up to date. Your facial tattoo is very bold. I hope our readers might take inspiration from it.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP Iv/2000 (Interview 3)

 

DSP    We featured Terry Davis in our summer edition. We met up with him again to hear about his latest work.

TD       As you see, I decided on how to continue the Maori theme over my scalp. The design continues from my forehead to the centre of my skull and radiates outwards in a spiral on both sides.

DSP    It’s quite symmetrical.

TD       Yes, it is. The next stage will be to continue it across my back and chest.

DSP    We look forward to seeing it. And other work?

TD       I had the end of my left pinky chopped off.

DSP    Are you interested in minor amputations?

TD       Yes, sort of. I’ve only just discovered it, really. I heard about the Yakuza in Japan who do this as a token of loyalty or something and I thought – Cool! I’ll do that.

DSP    Have you continued with the stretching?

TD       I have. You may be able to see a difference now. I’d like to be able to stretch faster but it takes time. You can’t hurry things like stretching. The skin takes its own time to change to the way you want it.

DSP    Wise words. It was good to see the finished design on your scalp. I hope you’ll visit us again when you have some new work.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP III/2001 (Interview 4)

 

DSP    Welcome back, Terry. Please tell us about your most recent mods.

TD       The most visible thing is my left hand. I liked the look of the missing fingertip so I had the rest of the fingers shortened to match it. And while I was at it, I had all my toes removed.

DSP    You seem to be favouring these minor amputations. Is this a growing trend?

TD       It could be. I think it’s too early to tell just yet. There are very few places which have the skill to do this kind of work and it’s not strictly legal. But I like the look of my hand and my feet look cool – shorter than before but I think they look good.

DSP    Your labret is noticeably bigger than last year.

TD       Yes, I’m pleased with it. I managed to enlarge it two sizes this year and the medusa is bigger too.

DSP    You also have tunnels in your earlobes.

TD       I forgot to mention them! They are steel discs, a lot like what you put your car tyres on. It’s definitely a trend now to stretch earlobes as big as you can. We’ve seen really impressive tunnels in Springboard this year – fifteen centimetres and more. But you have to be careful not to stretch the skin too thin.

DSP    What are your plans for the future?

TD       Carry on stretching, definitely. I’ll be considering my left hand some more. I’m thinking about have the backs of my hands tattooed. Some kind of blackwork. And I’ve been ignoring my septum, so that needs a bit of a stretch too. I’m also designing the Maori-style blackwork for my chest and back.

DSP    Thank you for showing us your new work, Terry. Good luck!

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP III/2002 (Interview 5)

 

DSP    It’s been a year since we last saw you, Terry. What’s new?

TD       The Maori design on my chest and back was tattooed by my colleague at Buckles in the spring. It took about six weeks to finish altogether but some of that delay was due to work pressure. Tattoos have become very popular and people are learning that they can design their own work instead of just choosing something random from a catalogue of images. You know, the dreaded swallow or the anchor. So we’re welcoming a new clientele into the tattoo parlour and creating interesting new work.

DSP    Your minor amputations seem to be ongoing.

TD       Yes, I’m quite interested in minimizing my hand so that it still functions with more work done to it. I have had the fingers all reduced to the first joint and the top joint of the thumb was removed. I think it looks very good and I’m happy with it. It gets a lot of attention and I think some people are a little envious.

DSP    Does it not interfere with your tattooing, having fingers on only one hand?

TD       No, not at all. Obviously I can’t pick up tiny objects any longer with the finger stumps but for everyday use, it works fine.

DSP    How about your feet?

TD       I’ve had special orthopaedic boots made to suit my short feet. This pair looks fairly standard apart from having such short feet and I have another pair being manufactured which will hold my ankles rigid. They have steel bracing in them.

DSP    And your labret is looking impressive.

TD       Thank you for saying so. Yes, I am very pleased with the rate of stretch these days. It seems the more you stretch, the faster it goes. I am thinking of going for a lip plate for the labret.

DSP    That would be spectacular. We hope to see you again when you have something new to share with us, Terry.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP II/2003 (Interview 6)

 

DSP    You are looking very different, Terry. Tell us what work you have had.

TD       Well, I suppose the biggest change is that I had my feet removed above the ankles. It was mainly for practical reasons. It was a little uncomfortable to walk without toes. It caused a lot of extra stress in my calves so I decided to get rid of the feet altogether and walk on these carbon fibre peg legs. They extend up to my knees and terminate in a cylindrical shape.

DSP    They look like old-fashioned peg legs.

TD       Yes they do. The only difference is the material.

DSP    Are they comfortable?

TD       Very much so. No more pain in my calves and I am very pleased with the sound they make when I walk. Very artificial and distinctive.

DSP    Tell us about your facial piercings.

TD       The septum is large enough now to allow me to wear this steel rod. It’s slightly smaller in the middle which helps it stay in place. My labret is now six centimetres so I’m going to concentrate on that so I can advance to wearing a lip plate. Same for the medusa but I think that will always be a little smaller.

DSP    You mean you’ll have a lip plate in your upper lip too?

TD       Yes, that’s what I’m aiming for. And as you see, my tunnels are about as big as I want them to be. They look pretty good now, five centimetres is enough.

DSP    And your hands?

TD       Oh yes! I had the same procedures on my right hand as I had on my left, so I have only the first joints of all the fingers and thumb.

DSP    So you have a matching pair of hands again.

TD       Well, they would be a matching pair except I had the four finger joints removed from my left hand. So I now have half a thumb and no fingers at all on the left.

DSP    Do you feel disabled?

TD       No, not at all. As long as I can pull on my peg legs in the morning, I’m fine. I like the look of the fingerless hand. It’s very erotic, I think.

DSP    We will hear from our readers what they think of your latest mods, Terry. Keep in touch and we’ll meet again, I’m sure.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP II/2006 (Interview 7)

 

DSP    Welcome back, Terry. Our readers have been asking about your progress so please explain your latest mods.

TD       I suppose the biggest change is with my lip plates. The lower plate is nine centimetres and the upper one is six.

DSP    Do they interfere with eating and drinking?

TD       Yes, they do but I don’t regard it as interference. My changing face requires me to eat and drink in a different manner but I’m very happy with that.

DSP    You had some dental work done, I understand.

TD       Yes, it was necessary for the larger lip plates. They are held in position by the teeth so I had the four front teeth top and bottom extracted so the plates rest firmly in the gaps. Otherwise they would slide around too much.

DSP    How do they feel?

TD       I love it! The lower lip especially feels really good and I love having the plate there when I speak. It distorts everything. Letters like B P and M are impossible to say properly.

DSP    It is a little difficult to understand you. Tell us about your work. How are you managing there?

TD       Oh, I stopped that two years ago. I have a friend, or should I say slave, who finds me erotic. He found me through Springboard, so thanks for the publicity. He has some cash and is willing to help me continue my modifications. If you notice, my right hand has now had all the finger stumps removed so it matches my left again.

DSP    And you have had the backs of your hands tattooed.

TD       Yes. I decided on black discs. Like full stops. When I’m naked, my arms look like exclamation marks.

DSP    And your legs?

TD       They’re the same as last time. Peg legs. I’m not sure if I’ll have more work done on my legs but if I saw someone inspirational, I might consider copying them.

DSP    There are quite a few new amputees from the Iraq war.

TD       Yes, I know. That’s what I mean. If I see someone with short stumps and wearing prosthetic legs, I might be inspired. That looks well horny.

DSP    Have you planned any more tattoos?

TD       I may have more work done on my face. I may have a new Maori design superimposed on the black but in red. But that’s something I’m only thinking about – nothing definite yet.

DSP    Be sure to let us know if you have new work done, Terry. It’s always a pleasure to see your new modifications.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP III/2007 (Interview 8)

 

DSP    Good to have you back, Terry. Tell us about your latest mod work.

TD       Well, the most obvious thing is that I have had my hands amputated at the wrists. I use these long black forearm stumps now. My slave does most things for me and has promised to stay with me on condition that I amputate further. I am willing to do so. He will finance the alterations I undergo.

DSP    That sounds very exciting. What might we be seeing in the future?

TD       I have my hands off at the wrists and my feet off at the ankles so some shortening may be in the offing. My lip plates are approaching the size which we want. The lower is now twelve centimetres and the upper is nine. I have various plates which I can choose. These white enamel ones look impressive.

DSP    They do indeed.

TD       But I also have ebony ones – real ebony wood, I mean – and there are some other designs which we’re working on which will be milled from steel.

DSP    Steel lip plates sound very exciting. We would like to see that.

TD       They will be expensive so we’re waiting until I reach the final size first.

DSP    How big do you want the plates to be?

TD       We want the lower lip stretch to reach fifteen centimetres. I think that will be the limit. The plate will hang down as it usually does or I can poke it up and hold it in place in front of my face with my lip. It’s not so big that it would block my vision. Of course, it drops again when I speak.

DSP    It looks very impressive, as does the upper plate.

TD       I’m trying to expand that too but it seems to be slower than the lower lip. I suppose it’s connected to my other face muscles.

DSP    You also have new facial tattoos. Tell us about them.

TD       Well, we designed a complimentary pattern which could overlay the original Maori design but unfortunately it didn’t quite work. The new red design is not really distinct so we’re trying to work out a way to cover up the red ink with black so that the original design is not compromised.

DSP    I see your ears have been tattooed.

TD       Oh! I forgot to mention them. No, my ears have been removed completely. These are prosthetics. I have three small magnets implanted under the skin around my ear channels and I have a selection of various ears which I can attach. Most of them are fairly standard, tattooed in various different ways but I also have a couple of pairs which are really prominent - I mean they stick out a lot. I think they look great. It was my slave’s idea.

DSP    That’s fascinating. So you can change your appearance by swapping out your ears. Tell me, Terry, you’ve come a long way on your journey. What other mods might you consider?

TD       I have extensive genital piercings but I would prefer to keep those private. I am considering getting a pair of hooks in the near future because I don’t want to be so reliant on my slave.

DSP    Artificial arms, you mean?

TD       Exactly that. He has also suggested that we go further with the arms and amputate above the elbows so I can wear full-length prosthetic arms but we’re still discussing that.

DSP    We hope you can come to a successful conclusion. Thank you for talking with us and we hope to see you again.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP II/2012 (Interview 9)

 

DSP    Terry Davis has been a favourite on De Springplank for many years and has inspired many readers especially those interested in minor amputations. His hands and in particular his fingers altered from year to year until they were gone completely and the man wore prosthetic hooks for several years. Now he has shed his arms with only short stumps remaining at his shoulders and he joins us with his slave and lover, Gustav Åhlén, who will act as interpreter for Terry. Welcome back, Terry. Help us understand your transformation. Why are you wearing a mask?

TD/GÅ  It’s not a mask. It’s a hood. My attempts to correct the second red layer of tattoos on my face was not successful and I am not happy to have the tattoos seen in public. So I have chosen to wear a hood at all times. When I am alone with my slave, he removes it sometimes.

DSP    Your lip plates extend beyond the hood. How do you put the hood on?

TD/GÅ  My slave dresses me. He removes the lip plates and places the hood on my head. Then he pulls my lips through the mouth hole and fixes them around the plates.

DSP    You aren’t wearing your ears, are you?

TD/GÅ  No. There’s no point. The hood is more comfortable without ears. I am thinking about having my nose removed and replaced with a similar magnetic system. Just a flat cover to hide the mucous membranes.

DSP    What led you to discard your arms?

TD/GÅ  We were not satisfied with the degree of disability, to be honest. I was using my hooks like natural hands and we wanted me to struggle more. We find that erotic and I love having just these short stumps left. I can gesticulate really forcefully or punch the air in triumph but all that happens is that these tiny stumps flail about for a moment or two. It is tremendously satisfying to be so restricted. I mean erotically, in case it wasn’t clear.       

DSP    Are you going to get a pair of artificial arms?

TD/GÅ  Yes, of course, but my stumps need to heal first. It’s only been three months and they still need to reach their final size. But then I’ll have a new pair of hooks.

DSP    We hope you’ll let us see the new arms. What other work are you thinking of?

TD/GÅ  Well, there are my legs. I’ve been wearing peg legs for ten years and I think it’s time to progress to full length artificial legs so we are negotiating with a surgeon at the moment to have them reduced to short stumps at the groin.

DSP    That would be quite a significant mod.

TD/GÅ  In one way it would, but bear in mind that I already walk on peg legs so another type of artificial leg is not much of a difference.

DSP    This has been fascinating. Many thanks Terry, and Gustav for deciphering Terry’s speech.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP I/2014 (Interview 10)

 

DSP    It’s been almost two years since you last featured in our pages, Terry. I see you have had some blackwork done. [Terry’s words are interpreted here by his slave lover Gustav Åhlén]

TD/GÅ  Yes. We decided to return to skin rather than leather so my entire head and face and neck has been tattooed twice with blackwork.

DSP    Why twice?

TD/GÅ  The end result is a deeper, more even black. It makes a better contrast for my lip plates, especially the white enamel ones and the steel versions. You may notice the upper lip plate is larger than when we last met.

DSP    It looks very impressive. Tell us about your claws.

TD/GÅ  We designed a terminal device for my artificial arms and they were custom made for me by a company in Germany. They have a kind of thumb and two opposing fingers which curve around.

DSP    How have you acclimatised yourself to using artificial arms?

TD/GÅ  Very well. We think the effort needed to manipulate them, the struggle, is very erotic. I frequently have a powerful erection in both halves of my penis when my slave attaches my arms each morning.

DSP    We have not spoken about your genital modifications, although we have alluded to them before. Are you ready now to discuss them?

TD/GÅ  Yes. I don’t know why I was so reticent before. Boy, remove my pants!

DSP    Are you also wearing long artificial legs?

TD/GÅ  Yes. We had my legs trimmed the way we planned. I have about fifteen centimetre long stumps and I wear full-length prosthetic legs permanently. You see the lower halves are the same peg legs as before.

DSP    Interesting. But first, can you describe your genital modifications?

TD/GÅ  The most obvious thing is that my penis is bisected along the shaft. The two halves curve outwards and are pierced with a row of steel rings. Both sides can become erect although of course it is impossible for me to use the penis halves for penetration. My ballsac is also heavily pierced.

DSP    Your penis is also tattooed with blackwork.

TD/GÅ  That goes without saying.

DSP    Do you think your project of modification has reached its ultimate goal?

TD/GÅ  Having stumps allows us to experiment with different prosthetic devices. We concentrate mainly on modifying those now rather than sculpting my flesh. I have peg legs and stubby legs and a body shell which I sit in with my stumps splayed out to the sides. Perhaps you would like to see it? Get it, Boy!

DSP    [GÅ fetches a black carbon fibre body socket and removes Terry’s artificial legs] That looks quite unique.

TD/GÅ  We believe it is. It opens up with a front and back half. My slave lays me onto the rear section with my stumps out to the sides and then the front half is slotted on and held closed with leather straps. It extends up to my armpits, as you see. Now I can be positioned in a chair but I have no mobility. My leg stumps are useless when they are forced out to the sides like this and I cannot use crutches with my claws – I have tried but it is not a great success. Also, the shell has a rounded base so I cannot sit upright on a hard surface.

DSP    It makes you very disabled.

TD/GÅ  Yes. It feels like a continual orgasm to be so restricted and compromised. And we think it also looks horny.

DSP    You enjoy the disability.

TD/GÅ  Yes, of course. Very much so.

DSP    Finally, we would like to ask you about your eyes.

TD/GÅ  As you know, my eyeballs were tattooed black many years ago. After the blackwork on my face was complete, my eyes were almost invisible and my Boy suggested that my face needed a centre of focus. We had a series of coloured contact lenses made – completely white, normal blue eyes, chrome metallic. I am wearing the chrome ones now. I also have some lenses which are completely opaque. I am completely blind when I wear them.

DSP    Is blindness exciting for you?

TD/GÅ  It’s like the cherry on the cake! Choosing to be crippled and immobile in my shell and without artificial arms, I am almost at the peak of perfection. Without my sight, I am finally helpless. My Boy sees to my every need and feeds me. He places food on my lip plate and I can feed from it.

DSP    As always, this has been fascinating. Let us know of any additional mods.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP Iv/2014 (Interview 11)

 

DSP    We received many requests from readers after our last interview with Terry Davis and his assistant Gustav Åhlén (Spring 2014 edition) for a photo reportage about how Terry manages daily life with his extreme modifications. With their kind permission, we spent a Saturday morning following their daily routine in their stylish loft apartment in London’s Stepney quarter.

 

(Photo 1)

Gustav places Terry onto a worktop in their bathroom. Gustav washes Terry’s body and tends to his four stumps.

(Photo 2)

Gustav asks Terry which prosthetic limbs Terry wishes to wear. He chooses his full-length peg legs.

(Photo 3)

Gustav gently fits Terry’s lip plates and black magnetic ears.

(Photo 4)

With a short curving prosthetic arm which affixes to his black right arm stump, Terry is able to place food onto his lip plate.

(Photo 5)

Gustav replaces the “breakfast arm” with a full-length prosthesis. Terry wishes to wear only one artificial arm this morning.

(Photo 6)

Gustav helps Terry dress for an outing. Short cargo shorts and a black hoodie.

(Photo 7)

Terry and Gustav are greeted by a friend on the street. Terry is quite capable of balancing on his peg legs while standing. Gustav repeats Terry’s words on his behalf. His heavy lip plates distort Terry’s speech.

(Photo 8)

In a coffee shop. Gustav takes one of Terry’s drinking vessels everywhere. Its long spout allows Terry to enjoy a coffee by extending past his impressive lip plates.

(Photo 9)

Back home with their groceries, Terry asks to be placed in his shell.

(Photo 10)

Gustav feeds Terry at lunchtime.

(Photo 11)

Terry leans against the couch in his shell watching a video.

(Photo 12)

Time for a beer! Terry’s single steel claw grips his custom-made drinking vessel and he enjoys a drink with Gustav.

(Photo 13)

Gustav takes a nap on the couch with Terry’s limbless torso in its rigid shell asleep on his belly. Note the sideways position of Terry’s leg stumps inside his shell.

 

DSP    It is very kind of you to allow our readers a glimpse into your lives. You have a very practical routine.

TD/GÅ  Yes, of course we do. My slave sees to my needs when I cannot do them myself. I am currently unable to move so he will carry my torso when I want. He also understands the restrictions imposed by my claw.

DSP    Did you enjoy the trip out this morning? Do you go out often?

TD/GÅ  It was just a normal trip to the supermarket, although we did stop for a coffee this time. We go out fairly often. I take Gustav with me when we go to a bar in the evenings or to a club. I have had a harness made so I can ride on his back. I face backwards so I can see where we’ve been, not where we’re going.

DSP    Are you planning more modifications?

TD/GÅ  Yes. I am going to stretch my lips a little more so I can wear larger plates and we are discussing my leg stumps – do they have a future or will they be gone?

DSP    Do let us know what you decide. Thank you for allowing us to follow you today.

 

– – – – – – – -

 

DSP II/2017 (Interview 12)

 

DSP    It is good of you to meet us one more time, Terry. Please tell us what work you have had since we last met.

[Terry speaks but even Gustav now has difficulty understanding the sounds issuing from Terry’s hugely enlarged lips]

TD/GÅ  I have new lip plates. The top one is fifteen centimetres wide and the lower one is eighteen. I also have had my leg stumps removed.

DSP    Your lip plates are superb examples of what is possible with dedication and patience. Are they now at their ultimate final size?

TD/GÅ  Yes, I believe so. My Boy has difficulty now understanding my requests so perhaps it is time to be satisfied with these.

DSP    This is the first time we have seen you in a wheelchair. Why did you make the decision to abandon your artificial legs?

TD/GÅ  We saw a documentary about a man who had lost both legs to some disease. His legs were disarticulated from his pelvis and I knew at that moment that I wanted the same kind of operation.

DSP    And so now you sit in a shell permanently?

TD/GÅ  Yes. My boy places me into my shell each morning and then onto my electric wheelchair. I can operate it easily enough with a claw.

DSP    It must be liberating to be independently mobile again.

TD/GÅ  That’s the irony of it. My body now terminates in a rounded stump, a torso stump. Of course, I still have my split cock and balls but I can sit again and move around.

DSP    We are glad you have fulfilled your desires, Terry. What is left to you in the way of body modification?

TD/GÅ  I could have my arm stumps removed too but we have too much fun with my artificial arms and claws. I enjoy feeding myself, dropping a morsel from a claw onto my enormous lip plate. It makes the separate halves of my penis twitch with excitement at being so perfectly modified, a blind and modified black prosthetic torso.

DSP    Thank you for meeting with us, Terry. Please thank your interpreter for his assistance with this interview.

 

De springplank

 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti